Thursday, October 25, 2007

Pre-Publication Nerves


It's been a crazy, bumpy ride. Since I started writing these books for Wilkinson Pblishing and Mythbusters I've

- been evicted
- bought an apartment and subsequently moved into, painted and renovated that apartment
- got a job with a large televison broadcasting house (quite a good thing considering the previous) and on a great show to boot
- seen my parent's dog Cassie die of a heart condition
- had my mother go to hospital with her own heart condition
- had my Grandfather die of a ... wait for it ... heart condition
- had the new apartment broken into and robbed, including my computer WITH THE MANUSCRIPT FOR THE BOOKS which almost gave me a heart condition of my own

...and sundry other things that were well down the 'major drama' list, and not connected to heart conditions of any kind.

The purpose of this blog is to post comments, questions, answers relating to the book and books we're talking about. Zaps, Rays and Waves: Technology, Electricity and Things of a Wavelike Nature is the first.

So if you have a comment, query or heart condition - post here and be merry doing so.

PS The books are yet to come out, so...no one will post here for a while. This is just to salve my own pre-publication jitters. Current state of "Zaps, Rays and Waves" on Google - about 14 hits.

1 comment:

Nicholas Searle said...

Who is this 'I'? Never hear of him - a singular author? Unlikely. The authors of these books are a multitude of personages, who strangely go by the name Nicholas Searle for tax reasons.

That photo is obviously photoshopped. He's far to good looking and hunky to be a pop-science writer.

OLDFASHIONED